Monday, August 13, 2007

Airplane Books for Late Summer 2007

During the workweek, my reading is pretty much limited to online articles and magazines during my train or bus commute. But on the weekends or vacations, I always try to read something more entertaining - a mystery or thriller to take my mind off of everything else. The best ones are difficult to put down, the story sucks you in and the plot moves quickly.

My father calls fiction paperbacks like this "airplane books" - because they're light enough to pick up in the airport and finish by the time you reach your destination (yes, he reads extremely fast - but you get the point).

Here is a list of airplane books for your consideration. Please let me know if you have any that you would add to the list.

The Tin Roof Blowdown: A Dave Robicheaux Novel by James Lee Burke

The Judas Strain by James Rollins

Takedown: A Thriller by Brad Thor

The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly

Body of Lies by David Ignatius

Play Dirty by Sandra Brown

NY Times Paperback Fiction Bestseller List

Amazon's Mystery & Thriller Bestsellers

Barnes & Noble Hourly Top 100

No comments: